Friday, January 9, 2009

GRADUATION...FINALLY!!!

I am so grateful that I was able to have the opportunity to go to school. It was such a great experience and I was able to learn so many life lessons. I met a lot of great friends! However, the entire time I was in school all I could think about was this moment...graduating, but in during this last semester I had a totally different outlook...I realized how much I enjoyed school. For so long I had taken it for granted. What a joy it was to study so many different fields. I loved studying dance education at SUU and then Exercise and Sports Science at the U of U. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's important to enjoy the right now! If you don't, you'll miss out on so many positive things going on around you. Yes...school was difficult this last little while with a child, but I had great friends and family who helped me through and supported me the whole way. Jake was so sweet to throw me a so called "surprise graduation party" even though he told me about it a few days prior. It was a great party nonetheless. I always love to have both families together!!! Thanks for all the love and support everyone...And hallelujah "I DID IT!!!"




3 comments:

Ange said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Isn't the greatest feeling to be done. Unlike you I never enjoyed the studying and going to school, I just enjoyed the social aspect. Go figure me socializing. Whenever I went to the library it was to "STUDY." Good job for sticking with it. Looks like your Christmas was so much fun. Ava sure is a cute little thing.

Haylee said...

Congrats Shannon!! Way to go!!

The Conders said...

Congrats! Such an accomplishment! Looks like you had a great Christmas! Ava is such a cutie! We'll have to get together soon!