IN MEMORY OF...
I just found out that one of my dearest friends, Lisa Layton Okland, from SUU past away. I can't sleep and I just wanted to take a minute to honor the incredible person Lisa was. I am overwhelmed with emotion when I think of her and the amazing spirit she had/has. I've never met someone so full of life. There wasn't anything she didn't do in her life. Even though it was only a short 24 years she definitely lived life to the fullest. She had such passion for everything she did. She always went full out 100%. Lisa was a talented photographer, artist, triathlete, and beautiful dancer. Dance was the beginning of our friendship. We shared such a deep love for the art. I learned so much more about dance and the power it has to move people in ways that only she was able to teach me. We shared a very special and unique friendship. I know we met at the time we did to help each other with the challenges we were facing at the time. I will never forget the many car rides back and forth from Cedar to SLC talking about our beloved missionaries, whom we were both blessed to marry. I am so grateful for all that she taught me. I think the thing that I will take with me, more than anything, from her is that...Passion and compassion can help us move our greatest mountains. We can accomplish anything with these two great qualities, which Lisa possessed more than anyone I've ever known. I will never forget her. Her dear husband, Chris, will be in our prayers.
3 comments:
Oh that is so sad. I've been seeing this around facebook, what happened? I'm sorry for your loss. . . its so hard to lose loved ones.
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing person.
Shannon,
Hey, it's Chow from SUU. I just heard about Lisa and I was so shocked. I saw your blog on her blog when I was reading the beautiful message from her sister. Such a loss.
Post a Comment