Sunday, May 23, 2010

MAY I BE EXCUSED????


I know I've totally been MIA lately. I can't even believe it's been a whole month. Needless to say it's been one CRAZY BUSY month. Jake and I have both been extremely busy with work, which I know, is totally lame! May is always my most busy time of year with dance and competition season, even more so than December & the holidays. With that said we still have a lot of memorable moments that we would like to always remember!
Ava's very first dance performance. I'm so sad I got such horrible pictures...After the fact I realized that my lens was really dirty:( We couldn't take pictures in the auditorium either, so hopefully I can post the video.
She had the time of her life. It was such a fun experience for her. She loves all her dance friends, especially Ellie.
My cute husband was also super sweet to me this month with mother's day. He always writes the most thoughtful letters, but to add to that he also bought me
a new camcorder, which was perfect timing with Ava's big "formance." Thanks for supporting and loving your girls. We love you daddy!!!!
We had a major celebration getting "Car Mice" at Nielson's, which in our eyes is celestial ice cream. I don't know how Ava came up with "car mice," but that's really how she says ice cream.
I also had some dancers performing. This group is called Saphire. They are all so sweet and turning into beautiful dancers. It truly is so rewarding to be a teacher. I don't know if I can ever give up teaching dance...I love this art form and have a real passion for it!!!!
Hopefully, I can learn to upload video from my new camcorder because I've got some great footage of Mac and his great laugh/grin. He is the sweetest kiddo! He's so patient with me...I think he's found a coping mechnism:) I always find him choppin' on his fist.
I also had three school assemblies this year. One at Meadowbrook, Boulton, and Foxboro Elementary schools. The theme for the year was "Journey's". I was very pleased with the girls performances, the parents response, and the impact the message of the theme gave. These girls really learn so much more than just dance. "Life is a journey, so enjoy the journey!!!" -Amber Stafford (Boulton Elementary Student)
We took Ava and McAllen to their very first movie and it was a total success. Jake was thrilled because if any of you know Jake....know he's a total movie buff. I'm scared I'm going to be replaced for movie date night. After the movie, which by the way was super funny and had a great message, we went to Jason's deli for lunch. We had the best day as a family. It really was such a happy moment for me, as a mom, to be together with my little family, spending quality time together, after such a stressful and chaotic month. Families really are the most important things in our lives.

4 comments:

Brad and Ashley Merrill said...

Isn't it the BEST to just be able to have a weekend and NOT a competition to interfere=) I loved spending last weekend with Brad! Families are the greatest and yours is absolutely adorable!!!

Brandon Osmond said...

Shannon just found your blog and it absolutely adorable! Its fun to read about what your doing and your cute family- you inspire me!

wuxiheather said...

So cute. Where do you teach? Are you in Bountiful? My sister lives in Farmington and is looking for a good place to put her girls in dance.

Unknown said...

Hey Shannon! I found your blog through Chase & Jenna Thomasons! Hope ya don't mind. Ava is too cute! I bet it was so fun to watch her dance. We'll have to all get togetehr again soon.