Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FIVE YEARS AGO...

My sweet Jake proposed to me.  It really was the most romantic and special night.  I still can't believe he fooled me.  He had my boss, at the time, ask me to work as a hostess at the Little America Dining Room.  At the time I didn't even work in the evenings, but she just asked me to fill in.  While I was working she frantically asked me to hurry back to room service because they were really busy and needed some help.  I had already thought it was strange I was working, but when room service asked me to deliver an order to a room I was so nervous about doing everything right I totally stop thinking about how and when Jake was going to propose, which at the time was on my mind constantly.  Anyways, when I knocked on the door I was surprised to see my brother in law, Jed, standing there.  I thought maybe he was having a work meeting, but he just started laughing and I still didn't get was going on until I saw the rose pedals covering the floor in a path leading me to my one and only, Jake, kneeling on one knee.  The room was completely lit by candles and he had pictures of us and letters from the mission scattered throughout the room.  It was PERFECT.  We had our wonderful club sandwich dinner, which yes I delivered as the room server.  I love that it was this romantic dinner and we had sandwiches.  He had asked me what my favorite thing was to eat at the hotel, but little did I know I was forming the menu for this special night, February 1, 2006.  



So now you know the story and the reason we love to celebrate our Valentines Day early.  This year we celebrated with a very romantic dinner at "The Roof."  The food is delish, but the atmosphere is really what I pay for.  It is so calming and romantic.  It was yet another perfect night in our perfect companionship.  I love him more than anything!!!!  Happy February 1st....

No comments: