Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FALL ROUTINE

Life has gotten pretty busy since the new season started. It's always nice to get back into the swing of things, but it's sad to see the summer go. However, I do love this time of year! I love the smells, weather, food, upcoming holidays, the color of the changing leaves, and getting back into that same old routine. Both Jake and I are quite busy. Jake's working full time and has started his mba program, so obviously I don't get to see much of him. I'm in my last semester at the UofU. Luckily I only have to be up there twice a week. One of my classes involves service learning, so I also spend some of my time volunteering at the Liberty Senior Center downtown, teaching aerobics to the older generations...It's a freakin' blast! I love the people and I'm learning so much. Also, while I'm up at school, I have a small window of time, in which I'm taking an institute class about The Old Testament and all of its symbolisms...It's honestly amazing! I've already learned so much in the last three weeks. I'm so grateful I have that opportunity. I'm also teaching dance at the Creative Arts Academy and at two local elementary schools. And when I'm not teaching or going to school I'm cleaning at my Mom's and of course the best thing in my life right now is being a mom!!! I know it sounds like I have so much that I really don't have that much time for Ava, but It's actually a sweet schedule and I'm only away a few hours on both Tuesdays and Thursdays. I feel so happy and content with life. I feel like I have the perfect balance of work, school, and family life. I couldn't be more grateful for all my roles and responsibilities.

1 comment:

Chris and Chalise said...

How fun my service learning was at the Liberty Senior Center too!!! It was a blast, those seniors are a hoot. Hope everything is going really good!