Sunday, December 7, 2008

LIBERTY SENIOR CENTER


Last week was my final day volunteering at the Senior Center. I'm really going to miss it. I truly enjoyed working with these people and becoming such good friends! They taught me so much. One lady we worked with, Ruth, was completely blind, yet she always came and participated with a grin on her face. We had many discussions about her disability and how it effected her physical activity level and how she managed to always stay so positive...She always would answer quite simply, "Why bother with complaining when you can move!" I love that! We all have so much to be thankful for and that is one thing I am truly passionate about...moving & exercising. I loved teaching chair aerobics...it was always a blast! Some of the men in our class called me "drill sergent!"...At least they got a work out, right?! That was our whole point anyways...to promote physical activity among older adults.

5 comments:

wuxiheather said...

Hey add me to the list! I definitely wanna keep up!
wuxiheather@gmail.com and heathermplace@hotmail.com I use both so if you could add both that'd be great cause then I dont have to worry about which one I'm logged on with!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I would love to keep reading your blog!
My email is camihickcox@gmail.com

Unknown said...

That is so awesome you volunteered there!! The elderly are truly inspiring!
But add me to your blog!
brentbement@gmail.com

BriAnne said...

Hey, we are going private on our blog too! I totally hear you about all the personal stuff! My email address is briannesnow04@gmail.com. Did you ever get my message about the judges training? Make sure to leave me your email too so I can invite you when we make the switch! :) Merry Christmas!!

Barlow Fam said...

I would love to stay up with you, my e-mail is laurabarlow21@gmail.com!! We still need to hang out soon, very soon!!