Saturday, January 23, 2010

INTRODUCING...McALLEN EDWARD BOX

I decided I wanted to come into this crazy world a little early...4 weeks to be exact. I was just a little guy...weighing in at 5lbs. 14oz. and stretching out 18 inches. Since I was little guy I needed a some help for a few days to breathe and get strong, but now I'm doing great and loving being home with my family!
My Mom and Dad were worried as I spent the first few days in the nursery, but I proved myself to be strong and healthy. Mom says I'm a great baby and eater. I love to snuggle and of course sleep. I love being with Mom and Dad and I am so grateful for all the sacrifice they made to bring me here. Mom was a trooper! Once her water broke she had me an hour and half later. She said she loved going all natural and that I did a great job getting here.
Here's me with my big sister... who by the way was in desperate need of her mommy, as you can see, but I was taking up most of her time. Luckily we have great friends and family that took great care of my new big sis!!! Thanks for being patient Ava.
My super cool UNCLE BUGGA-B!!!
PAPA!!!
OMA/ELMO!!!
GREAT GRANDMA BARB!!!

11 comments:

Jes said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your growing family. Miss you and love you tons!

Leslie said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! Babies are amazing. I am so happy all is well and that you are all going great! Can't wait to see him!

Julie said...

Congrats Jake and Shan! He is SO darling!!! He looks perfect. A month early. . . SURPRISE! And going natural, I think I'm going to try doing that next round so I want to talk to you about it!! you look fantastic, hope the adjustment is going well and that you're getting some good sleep! xoxo

Haylee said...

McAllen is Darling! What a handsome baby! I am glad everything went well...can't believe he was a month early! Way to go natural! So proud of you!! Maybe one day I'll get the guts to do that!! Congrats again Jake and Shannon!! We're so happy for you!!

Collie and Zach said...

oh he is handsome! I am so so happy that he was so healthy! All natural too...wow shannon! Congrats!

Tara said...

Congratulations! What a cute one he is! I hope everything is going great for you with the transition from one to two!

ps. I love how the arm band says "LONG" on it! It really adds to the picture!

The Conders said...

Congrats! I'm glad the little guy is doing well! He is adorable! Hope all is going well!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Congrats! He is so cute! Congrats on having him natural as well. Thats awesome. So happy for you guys and glad the little one is doing so well!

Sarah and Garrett said...

Yay! He is so cute! I'm glad he's finally home. Congrats!

Barlow Fam said...

I think that is so great, he is so cute, I sure hope you are getting some rest and feeling well.. He is so dang cute!!! Congrats

Kimbie said...

Cute baby boy!!!!!!! Congrats guys!