Wednesday, December 8, 2010

GIVE THANKS

We had another wonderful Thanksgiving.  I truly love this holiday...it's amazing what a grateful heart can do to our level of joy/happiness.  I loved President Monson's talk, "The Divine Gift of Gratitude," in the recent October conference... Here's a few of my favorite quotes:
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others."
"Regardless of our circumstances, each of us has much for which to be grateful if we will but pause and contemplate our blessings."
"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love."

I do feel my Heavenly Father's love for me as I count my many blessings daily... I hope to keep a grateful heart all year through...
 My mom made a wonderful dinner for our immediate family the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  We also celebrated Tyler and Justin's birthday's.  It was a fun day especially now that Papa's basement is finished with the fun playroom and slide.  We loved having the Bohn's, all the way from Colorado, there with us.   
I'm so sad I didn't take pictures on the actual day of Thanksgiving, but I did manage to take a picture of the two pumpkin pies the little kids destroyed.  There was a little fridge in my Grandma Barbara's playroom, which had the two pies in it.  While the kids played each of them took their turns taking dips & licks....So Funny!!! LOVE IT!!!  Luckily, there was plenty of other pies.  
We also had a turkey dinner on the following Sunday with Jake's family, which is always delicious.  I love Nan's stuffing.  As you can see I ate so much...I mean TONS!!! I still feel like I'm recovering.

No comments: