Monday, February 14, 2011

3 GOING ON 16

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!  Since Jake and I already celebrated this lovely holiday... We decided it was the kids turn.  I surprised them with fun new hooded bath towels this morning with their valentine oatmeal breakfast!!! Our favorite ( I know lame, but we love it)!!! The strawberries got us in the spirit and then we were all off to our morning ritual... the gym.  Afterwards Jake took a separate car and met us at home as he picked Ava up on her very first date.  He rang the doorbell and handed her a single red rose...This was the real deal.



They had so much fun at McDonald's even though Jake was dreading his meal, but they made up for it with a trip to Orange Leaf.  Then they made a quick pit stop at Top Hat Video and picked up the movie "Barbie and Three Musketeers," which they are currently watching downstairs.  They have the cutest relationship.  It just brings a smile to my face.

While they were gone Mac and I had a date of our own.  A romantic lunch for two at home.  After being covered in his noodles and spinach we snuggled up to watch his favorite, "Brainy Baby."  Now the little guy is down for a nap.

I love my kids so much.  Valentine's really is one of my favorite holidays.  It's such a fun time to express love and appreciation to the people that matter most.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Your kids are beautiful Shannon! I still love our funny run in over the telephone with the people that were renting your house. :) Hope all is well, and darling blog!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

That is the cutest thing ever. I love that he took her on a little date...and a red rose! ahh so cute. Way to go daddy Jake!

Brooke Jackson said...

Thats a pretty hot date that Jake has! I LOVE your cute little family. You guys inspire me :)

Brad and Ashley Merrill said...

I'm just proud it wasn't a carnation!!! Cute little Jakey:)

Shelby Osmond said...

SO cute!! Oh Shannon that must be so fun to have a boy and a girl! The rose idea is dang cute! Love it.

Brad and Britt said...

You have such a beautiful family! I can't believe how old she is looking and getting! Time to pop out another Shan! haha!