Monday, March 21, 2011

CANCUN

We celebrated our five year anniversary at the Dreams Riveria Maya Resort in Mexico.  It was so romantic and full of lots of funny memories!!!  We loved our morning routine at the gym/spa, big ole' buffet style breakfast, lazy days at the pool, pina coladas (virgin of course), chips & guacamole, lunch by the beach, crazy adventures/parks exploring Mexico, fancy dinners, evening shows/sometimes lamo/amateur entertainment, room service, sleeping more than I have in the past year, and of course private time with my sexy hubby!!!! (wink,wink ;)



  I totally thought a little pool was cement and I stepped right into it!!! LOL





 HOT, right?  literally!
 "Xplor" is an adventure park and was by far one of the greatest highlights of our trip.  We got to spend almost two hours up in the trees zip-lining...craaaazy!  caving swimming, canoeing in caves, and fun times in the ATV











 Playing beach volleyball was so fun!




 A day at Tulum, Coba, and swimming in a sanote (underground river)




I can't wait to see what the next five years will bring.  It's amazing to me how much we have been able to accomplish in five short years.  Here are some highlights...
  • Worked and went to school together in our first year... this was such a fun time as newlyweds in our small apartment, where we went on lots of fun vacations/adventures
  • Bought our first house
  • Had our first child, Ava Elizabeth
  • Both graduated from the University of Utah with our BA
  • Jake graduated with MBA
  • Moved into the house we live in now (My parents old house)
  • Had our second child, McAllen Edward
  • Teaching dance at Creative Arts and some local elementary schools.  I also love my job as a Judging Coordinator for a dance competition
  • Jake worked at Little America, Grand America, and is now loving his new job at Nicholas & Company, as a Sales District Manager.
We look forward to the many adventures ahead!!!!

SIDE NOTE:  For those of you that that know me know how passionate I am about fitness, food, and healthy living.  I graduated with my BA in Exercise & Sports Science and plan to get my MA in Nutrition.  I truly believe food & physical activity is the greatest medication.  The way we eat & move affects so many aspects of our lives.  

I'm totally obsessed with clean cooking and even clean baking... if you believe there is such thing.  I'll prove to you there is.   Anyways, after taking pictures of all the wonderful food we ate I thought this would be a good time to confess that I'm a total foodie!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that one day I can manage to make the time in my busy life to start a health & food blog, but until then check out some of our scrumptious yet fancy/shmancy meals............................


 Love the mini banana's and the lip-smacking good Spinach juice
 Way too many of these precious bad boys
 And not enough of this perfect ice cream... coconut.  yum, yum

 I'm learning to love seafood because I know all the health benefits it has to offer
 Display is everything... the better it looks, the better it tastes, and the MORE it SATISFIES!
 Who knew I would ever give sushi a chance?  I ate it, but I still don't crave it
 Best soup EVER.... coconut!!!


Obviously, there were many other meals I didn't take photos of, but they were all beautiful.  However, I managed to take them with me... on my lovely booty, a whole month later.  Instead of looking at it as a few extra pounds I look at it as LOTS of fond memories....Optimism is key.....CHEERS!!!

2 comments:

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

all i have to say is: M.I.L.F You are shhmokin!

Shelby Osmond said...

HOLY Cow Shannon you are H.O.T! Tell me your secret palease!! Looks like so much fun- if we ever go to cancun which is a must in my vocabulary I will come to you to ask what to do there!