
I had a great birthday week! It's always fun to talk to old friends and spend time with family. That to me is the best birthday present of all. Even though the actual birthdate wasn't all that I imagined it to be because of lovely midterms. However, Jake did make an exceptionally good breakfast, which was served beautifully in bed. He's had lots of practice working in room service...I wouldn't expect anything less. It was a great way to start a fun filled day of studying for a ridiculously hard test that I had to take the very next day. Jake's been so sweet and thoughtful all week. We have fun plans to go back east to visit my sister back in Philly, so I plan to cause so major damage shopping in NY for my birthday...perfect timing!!!
This weekend we also went with Jake's family to go see Disney on Ice, "Princess Wishes." It was so fun and always adorable. What girl, no matter what the age, doesn't love disney princesses? I've always had a love for Belle and Ariel. I honestly knew the words to every song as I was going up. I literally thought I was Belle at one point in time. Getting the soundtrack for Christmas was like the greatest thing that had ever happen to me. (Funny side note: during the "Beauty & the Beast" section of the show, The candlestick was skating and singing the song, "Be Our Guest," and towards the end he totally fell and his costume was so big he couldn't get back up by hiself. Belle and a few other characters had to come help him. I know I'm like the meanest person EVER, but it was still hillarious!) My two nieces, Sienna and Jada, dressed up as Belle and Snow White. They looked so stinkin' cute. I wish I would have thought of that for Ava. She loved the show, costume or not, she couldn't keep her eyes off all the bright lights and pretty costumes. After the show we went home for yummy cake, ice-cream, and presents. It was a fun birthday celebration for my sister-in-law, Sarah, and I. We love sharing our birthday together.
I also had a fun time going out with my mom shopping and to lunch to celebrate the b-day ocassion. She's so fun to be with and is the best Oma to sweet Ava. She also made a tasty birthday dinner with my family. It's all been so fun and having this next week off for spring break has made it that much sweeter! Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes and thoughtfulness...
12 comments:
Glad to see you admit your love for Disney even at an older age. I am a fanatic! I always get all the new movies that come out and I love the princesses. Happy belated birthday and I am glad you had lots of fun.
not a prob. i'm glad someone's reading it. he hee. your little fam is so cute! :D
happy birthday Shannon! you are such a cute girl and a beautiful mommy! jake is lucky to have you! I am glad you had a special day!
Happy Birthday to you!! Sorry it is late. Love the pictures! I can't believe how big Ava is getting. My mom told me she saw you too. We were both talking about how cute you are! We both love you!!
What a fun birthday thing to do! I loved Disney princesses big time when I was little too... what girl didn't?! Glad your bummer day of studying turned out to be ok! Jake is so cute to make you breakfast in bed, I love that picture of him and Ava. For my birthday last month breakfast in bed was Spencer going out and buying me an egg mucmuffin from McDonalds! :) our husbands are so cute.
Good times! It's way fun sharing a birthday celebration. I think cute Jada and Sienna stole the show with their fancy dresses. And Ava was pretty stylin' even without a fancy dress. For me, the best part was hanging out with cute nieces and nephews. And Lumiere falling on his bum. ;)
Happy birthday Shannon! When you're here in NY we should meet up for lunch or something. Give me a call 347-407-2279. Hopefully you actually look at your blog before your trip is over so that we can meet up :)
Shannon!! Hey giril! I am so happy I found your blog- it is so fun to see what you have been up to. You have the cutest little family. I cant believe we are parents now- crazy :) I am gonna add you to my blog too. Happy belated Birthday!!
Love, BEAN
Shannon!! Hey girl! I am so happy I found your blog- it is so fun to see what you have been up to. You have the cutest little family. I cant believe we are parents now- crazy :) I am gonna add you to my blog too. Happy belated Birthday!!
Love, BEAN
Shannon!! Hey girl! I am so happy I found your blog- it is so fun to see what you have been up to. You have the cutest little family. I cant believe we are parents now- crazy :) I am gonna add you to my blog too. Happy belated Birthday!!
Love, BEAN
oops- sorry I didnt mean to do 3 posts :)
Shan and Jake: I am glad to find you too in this cyberworld! Your little princess is so dang cute! Anytime you need a sitter, you know I only live a block away....and the sad thing is that we NEVER even see eachother or do anything together! oh, it is indeed a busy life of a new mommy! We need to get together and play with ALL of us! I think Jake may have my number from when I stopped him mowing your lawn back in the summer time, If not....let me know and we will play! Glad to see you guys, and your cute little Ava!
Love ya!
-Britt (and Brad)
Post a Comment