Sunday, September 19, 2010

SUPER SUNDAY

It was another busy Sunday. I try to make the sabbath more restful, but nothing is relaxing with children, callings, and the combination of the two... But, that's life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I taught in Young Women's today and just wanted to share the great message. It was all about missionary work and sharing our testimonies of Jesus Christ. I made zucchini bread as an object lesson, symbolizing our Savior, who is often referred to as
"The Bread of Life."
(side note: Ava helped me make the bread. She such a great helper. She cracked the eggs and cut the parchment paper for me too).
Anyways, this quote sums it all up...

“Knowing that JesusChrist is the Bread of Life—the way by which all can receive eternal life—we have an important responsibility. We should seek to help people come to Him and partake of His word, like the people who were filled with the loaves and fishes. Our friends may not know they are hungry in spirit. They may try to consume many things to satisfy their spiritual hunger, and as a result, they may feel frustrated and lost. Let us help them know how they can be spiritually filled—by coming unto Jesus Christ, the Bread of Life.”

-Elder Won Youg Ko (Of the Seventy)


No comments: