Sunday, July 10, 2011

INDEPENDENCE WEEKEND

Such a fun time of the year, right?!!!  I love any excuse to play, be outside, and spend time with friends & family.  Our weekend consisted of all of those things... so I was one happy mama.  
West Bountiful Parade with the Mikesell's.
Thanks for letting us join your cute family KJ!!!



 Ava loved the princess float and the penguins.
Both floats were LDS stakes... I was very impressed!
   Bouncin' around at the Eaglewood Fireworks!


 My kids are always so willing to take family pictures ;-)
 Oma, Papa, & Breckieeee
 Ty, Shauntell, Courtney, & Max
 It was so fun to go with everyone this year... I hope we make it a tradition.
 Like I said, one happy mama... sandwiched between my two favorite men...


(Notice spiderman in the background.  Both my kids are such climbers!!!)

It seems like we always do so much leading up to the holiday that the actual day is left with little excitement.  We made the most of it though and on Monday, the actual holiday, we spent the morning at our ward breakfast, biking, running, and hanging out at home.  That evening we went up to Sugarhouse with our little family.  We just went to dinner and to the dollar theatre...
saw "Rango" worst kid movie EVER!!!! Please don't let your kids watch it!!!!
  After our terrible cinematic experience we attempted to stay to watch the fireworks, but we were all pretty partied out that we just headed home and watched the fireworks across the valley from car. 
I really can't think of a better way to celebrate this great country 
and the brave people who fight for such freedoms.  God bless America!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Fun! I don't remember if I told you this, but I LOVE your hair dark.

chelsea said...

Your hair looks so great dark, seriously stunning! Cute kids too, looks like you guys had a fun 4th!

Haylee said...

Shannon-- YOU are so cute! It looks like you are having a fun and busy summer too!! If things ever slow down for you we should play! I've given my mom instructions to get your phone number next time she sees you! :)