Sunday, May 18, 2008

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE

Both Jake's parents are converts to the church. They have amazing testimonies and have raised such a strong family in the gospel. However, both of their families are still not supportive or agree with the LDS church. Theda, my father-in-law's mother, who has been the most anti out of all of them decided to be baptized at 91 years old. It was so incredible to witness her conversion and even participate in the missionary discussions. My testimony has been greatly strengthened as I have re-learned simple, but true principles of the gospel. The spirit was so powerful as she entered into the waters of baptism and as she said it, "followed the example of Christ."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat. I recongize that cute dress Ava is wearing.

Brooke Jackson said...

Wow, that is so amazing. It makes me cry because #1 I am a bawl baby and #2 I love to see people find peace through the gospel! I have seen, first hand, how it can change lives!

alison said...

WOW. That is amazing. It's such a great story of hope. Shelby and Ed are incredible converts to the church. I'm sure Ed's mom will be another wonderful convert. Congrats to her!

alison said...

oh Shan...just for the record...i have posted of pic of myself. see older posts :)